Saturday, October 20, 2012

What's with this name?!?

Choosing a name for something as simple as a blog shouldn't be difficult, right? But the options are endless. After some thought I landed on "seeking his fingerprints".  
I firmly believe that all through out our life are the fingerprints of God. Finding time to stop and have an open heart or the ability to see and realize them is often the tricky part. 

I'm beginning a new term with Kaplan and one of my supplemental courses for my BSN that I choose is focusing on Integral Health. I am excited to study more of these concepts and how our health and wellness is connected to so much of our emotions, will, spirit, values, physical health, ect. 

I'll be excited to see his fingerprints in and through this course and ways I can learn how to care for people and myself in new ways!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Ashley, It sounds like this past year has been a journey indeed. Keep your chin up and continue to enjoy the beauty of life. There is a plan for you. Good luck and keep up the positive attitude:)
    RAchel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,
    I love the name that you chose for your blog! I feel the same way about the fingerprints of God. If we all would just put our busy lives on hold for a minute and look around us His fingerprints are everywhere and He is always with us leading and guiding us through this amazing journey called life. I am excited about this term at Kaplan and look forward to learning more on this journey with you. Have a great week!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel and Tiffany for reading and posting. I really appreciate your encouragement. I am stoked about this course. I love the idea of integral health and hope I can apply this to my life! I The chapter reading in Dacher mirrored some deep thinking and contemplation I've been avoiding for awhile. I'm challenged and excited at the same time for what we get to learn.
    Good luck as we progress together in this course!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, I'm glad that you have a plan. I was just wondering if sometimes you can do the relaxation techniques and then after you are free from the thoughts, do something that you really enjoy. Maybe you like to sit in nature, or eat a piece of cake or listen to music. I found recently that after my meditations (if you can call them that :-)), I listened to music(classical piano) that always seemed to soothe me and it brings me a little something more to be happy about.

    Carla K

    ReplyDelete